Monday, May 30, 2011

Are You Ready To Begin?

If you've found these posts worth reading so far, you're probably a ponderer, a seeker, someone who’s interested in continually growing to become a greater you.  I recognize you, as I have spent my life since I was a small child trying to make sense of things and always wanting more from myself.  I've read countless books, taken classes and attempted to align myself with others of like mind.  I spent a good bit of time in counseling to clear out the cobwebs, and still I knew there was something more I was looking for.  

Do you know when I really started to gain momentum and move toward creating a life that authentically reflected the core of who I am?  I can tell you that reaching mid-life didn't hurt, but more than anything, it was when I started working with a life coach.  Falling in love with great ideas and reading good books is not the same as doing what they suggest and that is how coaching can help you!

The only way to truly understand the power of coaching is to experience it, but here is a quick overview of what coaching is all about:

  • Coaching is a partnership that focuses on the present and future in an effort to move you toward visions and goals
  • In coaching, you as the client set the agenda, and I as the coach work with you to help you discover your own answers and take action to reach your goals
  • In addition to offering you support, as requested by you, I hold you accountable for following through on the commitments you make

In my posts so far, we’ve covered what I consider the foundation of who we are as human beings: our needs, values, interests, strengths and beliefs.  It’s amazing how few of us are ever encouraged or really take the time to look closely at these integral parts of who we are and how they propel us toward or stop us short of our goals.  Ask yourself, “What vision do I have for my ideal life?  How close am I to bringing this to fruition? What is stopping me from reaching my goals?  Would I benefit from partnering with someone who will help me to identify and bring out the best manifestation of myself so that I might create the vision I have for my life?”

Are you ready for a coach?  Do you need someone who can help you look with new perspective on the patterns in your life, the changes you can make and the life you can create?  Would you like to learn more?

I am available for phone work if you’re too far to meet with me in person or if picking up the phone is more convenient than driving to an appointment.  A face to face meeting can also be arranged.  If you’d just like more information before deciding if coaching is what you need right now, a complimentary session can be arranged.  Just begin!

You can reach me by e-mail at luminouscoaching@gmail.com or by phone at 757-478-6990.

What questions do you have about coaching?

No comments:

Post a Comment