Thursday, October 20, 2011

Making Every Moment Holy

                                                                                                  Kim Bielmann Cabotaje

I am too alone in the world, and not alone enough
to make every moment holy.

I want to be with those who know secret things
or else alone.

~Rainer Maria Rilke

As a unique traveler, are you compelled to find connections and make meaning in the world? What do you do when you can't find a community or even just one other who shares your desire as a seeker?

2 comments:

  1. Made me really think! If I'm a unique traveler or not, I definitely feel compelled to find connections and make meaning of the world. Coincidentally, I was thinking of that on my way home from work today.....but I was thinking of why I have not made connections or found a community or even another person who is a seeker. Meetup just doesn't do it, or at least hasn't yet. So, I'll keep trying to travel uniquely while seeking (and being grateful for what I DO have). But I like being alone so life is good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Though there are unique travelers who connect with lots of people, it's not unusual for them to find only a handful. When you start to layer things like introversion, high standards and sensitivity, finding others who truly understand and appreciate them can be challenging. Like you mention, though, if you enjoy your own company and can balance this with meaningful friendship, then you're making the just right connection for you!

    ReplyDelete